Terms & Conditions
By engaging Catherine Dunn to proofread or edit your manuscript, you agree to the following conditions:
- A price for the job will be agreed before work begins. Should further material be added by you to the work (such as extra chapters), a separate price for that will be negotiated based on the initial price.
- For new clients I ask for a 50% deposit when you agree to the job with the remaining balance payable within 30 days of invoice (other payment plans negotiable for long works or if you are submitting the work in stages).
- You will be sent the final invoice after you receive your edited manuscript.
- A deadline date will be mutually agreed between us.
- In the unlikely event that a deadline has to change (severe illness, family bereavement, technical issues, etc.), I will contact you as soon as possible with a revised date.
- All work will be done by qualified copyeditor/proofreader Catherine Dunn. I do not subcontract to anyone else.
- If you are unsatisfied with my work, please contact me and explain why so that I can try to rectify the situation. Please bear in mind that while every attempt will be made to return an error-free document, perfection is impossible to achieve, particularly in long pieces of work. Please make sure that you read through the edited version yourself and make sure you are happy with it before publishing.
- Copyediting or proofreading includes one round of checking any minor changes you have implemented following feedback. It does not include another check of the whole manuscript. Any further large-scale changes will be charged at the same hourly rate as the original job.
- I may use your name and link to your book’s sales page on my website and social media. If you do not wish this, please let me know.
- Your work will be kept confidential.
- I will keep a backup copy of your work (unless asked otherwise), both original and edited, for at least six months securely in case of failure with your own system.
- While I will endeavour to point out any potential legal issues, the author is responsible for ensuring that the manuscript is appropriate for publication and I can accept no liability for any action raised as a result of incorrect or defamatory material.